Unpacking in 10 Easy Steps
Whether you love it or hate it, packing and moving definitely is a chore. But, all you need to know is that with a plan, you can get through it even faster than you ever imagined – and in a really organized manner! So, sit back, relax, and take note – you’re going need this for your next move!
- Make sure you have a copy of your moving inventory list handy.
- Unpack your essentials box. This should be the first box off the moving truck (so remember to load it last.) Better yet, take it with you. It should have everything you need for your first night or two.
- Unpack the kitchen and get the major appliances set up. This is really easy as long as you have labeled your boxes. Remember to line your kitchen cabinets first to save time later.
- If you have a pet, set up the animal’s bed and food so that he or she can start acclimating.
- Set up the bedroom furniture – especially the beds. Before unpacking any other bedroom stuff, make the beds up so you have a nice place to sleep that night after moving.
- Unpack the bathroom next. Don’t go overboard, just the essentials at first – medications, toiletries, and a couple of towels. (These are all probably going to be in your essentials box, anyway.)
- Arrange the furniture.
- Let everyone unpack their own bedroom.
- Deal with the garage and patio last.
- Sit back and relax – schedule some time over the next few days to get everything else settled and arranged.
Lance GroomsBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now