Just thinking about moving can give you a headache, so why worry when you don’t have to? Hiring a moving company to do all the hard work can make relocation so much easier on you and your family. However, it is important to find the right moving company to ensure that your belongings make it to your new home safely and without any problems.
Here are some tips for choosing reliable movers. Keep these guidelines in mind as you talk with potential moving companies and you will be sure to find the company that can meet all your moving needs! Though this list is not exhaustive, it is a good place to start.
- It’s a good idea to contact at least three different moving companies and have each of them come to your home for an accurate quote. Ask if there is a charge for the estimate.
- Make sure the moving company is insured and bonded. Ask about how they charge (by the piece or by the hour).
- Find out about what payment options the company offers.
- Ask if the company has a customer referral rate.
- Inquire about the type of training the movers have had.
- While discussing the employees, you’ll want to know if the company has a full-time staff or hires out temporary workers.
- Ask about any extra fees for large items such as plasma television sets or pianos.
- Check into the company’s cancellation policy.
- Find out if the moving company will have a contact person on site or if there is a special hotline for reaching that person on the day of the move.