One of America’s largest and most respected moving and storage companies, is seeking a dynamic, collaborative, hands on Branch Manager responsible for managing the efficient operation of local household and warehouse operations.
The Branch Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the branch operations, customer service, and finances. This position directs and controls all transportation, warehouse and office activities. The Branch Manager is accountable for achieving the highest level of profits through cost controls, productivity improvement and customer service. The successful candidate will have previous branch turnaround experience.
- Manage physical facility, payroll, and equipment in the most profitable manner. Plan, direct and implement daily dispatch, warehouse operations and administrative support to meet profit and service goal. Operate in compliance with federal, state and local statutes.
- Develop and maintain a productive work team. This includes hiring, training and personnel development. Develop promotable candidates for the next level.
- Assure the customer accounts receive the highest level of operational and administrative support. Maintain appropriate contract with all accounts and respond to request when required.
- Participate in company sales efforts including prospecting for new accounts, making sales calls, developing and quoting rates.
- Develop and recommend an annual budget that will insure the highest service levels to our customers and the maximum profit to our company.
- Bachelors degree in an applicable field of education is required.
- Transportation industry experience is required.
- Ideal candidate will have contacts within the industry for bringing in new business.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal required.
- Ability to problem-solve using solid analytical skills.
- Must exhibit leadership abilities.
- Must be results oriented.
- Have a track record of good follow up/through.
- Generate creative solutions.
- Have teambuilding and consensus building skills.
- Must be familiar with and execute a wide variety of technical selling techniques and strategies.
Our dynamic work environment offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career opportunities. Click Apply Now to email your resume for consideration. EOE.
Get Moved. Get Hired.Apply now!