Even though we are well into summer, there’s always room for a little “spring cleaning,” if you ask us! This is especially true if you are getting ready to move to a new house. Why not clean out your closet now to save yourself the trouble of moving a bunch of stuff you don’t need to your new home?
You might not be moving to (or living in) an area that requires a seasonal swap out of your clothes each year, but it is a good idea to clean out that closest anyway. Ultimately, you may want to do so just to expand your personal storage space. Want to know why? You’re in luck – we’ve got a list!
Clothes last longer if they aren’t crammed together. So, get rid of those things you haven’t worn for ages!
- Get rid of the clothes that don’t fit. That way, you’ll feel better about opening those closet doors everyday.
- Repair anything that has a minor rip or tear that can be mended – it might just seem like you got a new garment for free.
- Inspect clothing for stains and get them cleaned right away. Otherwise, you might have to throw them away.
- Make a little extra money for your move by selling clothes you don’t ever wear.
- Cleaning out the closet means more space to put things away! This means a cleaner room, which might end up helping you sell your house a little faster.
- Get rid of wire hangers to preserve the life of your clothes – it will save you money in the long run.
- Cleaning out the closet means getting rid of mildew and mold – who wants a nasty closet smelling of mildew?