Thinking of taking your career in a new direction? Perhaps you’ve already accepted a new job abroad, or your spouse has. Or maybe you just want a change for you and your family, so you are moving overseas.
Regardless of what your circumstances are, an international move definitely means a new way of life. What will it take to move from here to there? Obviously it will take more than a full tank of gas and a couple of friends packing up the moving truck. You’re going to need professional movers.
The key to a successful international move is to be prepared. You’ll soon be looking at long to-do lists in order to get to your new home. There are plenty of practical considerations – don’t let them become obstacles in your relocation.
Here are just a few of the issues that you will soon be facing:
- Family Issues – How will everyone adjust? Are you taking your pet?
- Personal Paperwork – Get your legal, financial and tax affairs in order.
- Where to Live – Before you even start packing, you need to find a place to live.
- Schools – If you have kids, you need to find a suitable school for them.
- Packing – You won’t be able to take everything, so look into what you can and cannot take. Check on electronics in particular.
- Healthcare – What are the healthcare options in the new country? Will you need special health insurance to get you through the move and living in your new country?