One of the most stressful events in one’s life may actually be moving. Just think about it; if you have a priceless heirloom, or even a set of fine china that you absolutely adore, the idea of those items becoming damaged during relocation can be quite worrisome. But, you don’t have to fall prey to such feelings. Follow these tips to ensure that your valuable items are moved as safely as possible.
- Put all your valuable items in spots that are easy to reach. That means near the opening of the moving truck so that when your movers arrive, these items can be quickly and easily moved into the new house. Also, anything in the back may be more difficult to reach.
- Keep the moving truck locked at all times. This may seem like a no-brainer, but many people forget to do this. If you can’t close and lock the truck door every time, make sure someone is posted near it.
- Use a lot of bubble wrap. There is no shame in using extra bubble wrap when packing valuable items. Bubble wrap is a mover’s dream! Oh, and if you’re worried about the environment, many movers will keep and reuse bubble wrap – or you can drop it off at a local shipping store.
- Use a rolling dolly or moving cart rather than try to lift heavy objects throughout the move. Why risk dropping a valuable and breakable object when you can roll it out of the truck and into the new house? Be smart!
- Hire professional movers. Moving companies specialize in making sure your belongings make it to your new home safely and securely.