When you have an item that requires custom crating, you need more assurance that your valuables will be protected adequately. Custom crating consists of a lot more than just simply packing the item in a box, taping it down and calling it a day. You need a company that has the experience, knowledge, and understanding that goes along with providing custom crating. Bekins Moving Solutions has a team of professional packers and crate builders that know the industry like the back of their hand. We can custom fit a container for just about any item you have. Here are a few basic things to consider when you are looking for a business that provides custom crating.
Building a sturdy crate, especially for heavy items, takes skill and know-how. You don’t want to hire some novice to crate your expensive piano or piece of fine art. When seeking out a company to provide custom crating, look for someone who has been in the industry for a while. While newer companies aren’t necessarily bad, companies with a long history will have extensive client feedback. By reading other customer’s experiences, you will be able to get a good sense on how their crating services stack up against their competitors.
The Crating Process
For first-time movers, you may not know exactly what the crating process consists of. When you hire a professional moving company, they will ask you about the larger or more valuable items that you have to move. Depending on your answers, they may recommend custom crating for certain items. Your movers will do the following:
- Take measurements of the items to be crated and build a custom box for that item.
- The box will arrive disassembled to your home or business.
- Your item will be disassembled if applicable, and then loaded into the crate.
- Your movers will add padding, foam, cling wrap, and other materials as necessary to prevent damage to your item.
- The box will be put together, and the item will be placed inside along with other packing materials.
- Depending on the size of the crate, it may be placed on a palate and held in place with straps and covered in cling wrap.
The Delivery Process
Once your crate arrives at your destination, your crate will be unwrapped and disassembled. Your item will be carefully unwrapped and placed where you would like. When you hire a moving team like Bekins Moving Solutions, you don’t have to worry about re-assembly. Instead, let us take care of all the heavy lifting so you can enjoy your new home without worry!
For more information, contact the moving experts at Bekins Moving Solutions. Call 877-594-1187 to get your free moving estimate today!