Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, traveling during the holiday season can be just as stressful as moving – maybe even more. There are long lines at the airport, crammed seats on the trains, and tons of traffic on the roads. This is especially true during the week of Thanksgiving.
So, in order to make your move to your top-notch hotel room a little less stressful, keep these things in mind:
- Plan ahead – if you’re driving, plan out a couple of routes in case you hit a bunch of traffic.
- Confirm your hotel reservations in advance – there’s nothing worse than arriving at the hotel only to learn that they’ve overbooked!
- Get to the airport at least two hours ahead of time for your domestic flight. That way, you won’t have to worry about long security lines.
- Plan your packing – you don’t have to bring everything but the kitchen sink to that hotel with the cutting edge amenities. Make a checklist of what clothes and accessories you will need and stick to it.
- Download some cool new apps to your smartphone to keep yourself entertained while on the road.
- Make sure that you charge your phone, laptop and other electronics before hitting the road.
Remember that the holidays are all about being with your friends and family, so don’t forget to enjoy it! All of your planning will be for nothing if you don’t focus on the important things.
Happy Holidays, everyone!