10 Packing Tips
Anyone who has ever moved from one home to another knows that packing can be no fun. In fact, the whole moving experience can cause stress and anxiety, especially when it comes to packing up your home. The hardest part of packing for a move is actually getting started. We’ve put together a list of ten tips to make the process a little easier to deal with.
- Stay focused and concentrate on one room at a time.
- Get rid of the junk before you pack. That means getting rid of old clothes, junk, and things you won’t need in your new home.
- Save the best for last – pack up your bedroom furniture last and your stereo. That way, you have entertainment as you prepare to move and a place to relax when you need it.
- Organize your small stuff. Use clear plastic bags and labels to make sure nothing gets lost during the relocation. This is especially helpful when packing up your desk or bathroom.
- Do the laundry first. No one wants to unpack dirty clothes and linens.
- Put the heavy stuff on the bottom and top it off with things that weigh less.
- Pack your TV close to last. If you have kids, you’ll thank us later.
- Make copies of important papers and keep them with you. Don’t pack valuables like jewelry, cash, and legal papers.
- Take out the trash. Movers may not check trash cans and could pack them right up into the truck.
- Keep your luggage separate, especially if you are not going with the truck. This way, you still have your clothes.
– Lance GroomsBack to all blogs
Request a FREE Quote Now